Friday, June 11, 2010

poker for a living

Each time I play poker, I wish that I could just be successfull enough to quit my job and do this full time. I know how it can be done, and I know what it takes. I think I lack the dicipline to make realistic goals and stick to them. Every time I go and play poker I set three rules:

1: How much am I willing to lose?
2: How much do I want to win realistically?
3: How long do I want to play.

If any of these rules becomes true, I must leave.

My usual goal for #2 is double up. Once I double up, I'm done. It never seems to work that way. I can honestly say that 8/10 times I do double up but don't leave. And just like any gambling game, you will eventually lose. And more often then not, I do. Time to stick to my guns and follow my own rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment